I'm Óscar Otero,
- Listen to people.
- Solve complex design problems.
- Communicate with programmers, understand their problems and help them to build the best possible interface.
- Combine fonts.
- To be able to code my own designs.
- Make friends and drink beers with them (outside working hours).
- Start a business with other 4 partners just before the spanish crisis, have other 6 employees and endure 8 years.
- To be the president of the Design Association of Galicia.
- To win a Mestre Mateo (Galician Oscar's), and an award in the MIPTV of Cannes without making films but designing.
- To have a Github repository with more than 1000 stars.
- Go to a workshop in Istanbul to teach about open video in english, and be able to be understood by the students.
- To be in a conference with Javier Cañada, Álvaro Valiño, Raquel Pelta, Pepe Barro and many other great designers, speaking about web and interactivity.
- To be designer, man of letters, and be part of a working group in PHP-FIG, discussing with engineers about a new PHP standard about Http Middlewares.
- To be a member of a jury to evaluate works submitted by national design awards.
- Create a CSS processor and do not be able to make it popular.
- Release a product by myself, doing everything (concept, design, development, etc) and nobody used it.
- Start a business with other partners and do not be able to do what we wanted.
- Do not be able to speak fluid english (yet).
- After many attempts, I was no able to make a homemade dough bread.
My ideal job
- Citizen centered design, something like GDS.
- Any company or NGO sensible with the inclusive design.
- Something related with music.