- Listen to people.
- Solve complex design problems.
- Communicate with programmers, understand their problems and help them to build the best possible interface.
- Combine fonts.
- To be able to code my own designs.
- Make friends and drink beers with them (outside working hours).
- Start a business with other 4 partners just before the spanish crisis, have other 6 employeers and endure 8 years.
- To be the president of the Design Association of Galicia.
- To win a Mestre Mateo (Galician Oscar’s), and an award in the MIPTV of Cannes without making films but designing.
- To have a Github repository with more than 1000 stars.
- Go to a workshop in Istanbul to teach about open video in english, and be able to be understood by the students.
- To be in a conference with Javier Cañada, Álvaro Valiño, Raquel Pelta or Pepe Barro speaking about web and interactivity.
- An person that I didn’t know, user of a website designed by me, told me “Good bless you”.
- To be designer, man of letters, and be part of a working group in PHP-FIG, discussing with engineers about a new PHP standard about Http Middlewares.
- Make the style guide of Abanca, for iOS, Android and web applications, defining the fonts, colores, componentes, language, patterns and create the Sketch libraries to be used by the rest of designers.
- To be a member of a jury to evaluate works submited by national design awards.
- Create a CSS processor and do not being able to make it popular.
- Do not work in a start-up (yet).
- Release a product by myself, doing everything (concept, design, development, etc) and nobody used it.
- Start a business with other partners and do not be able to do what we wanted.
- Do not be able to speak fluid english (yet).
My ideal job
- Citizen centered design, something like GDS.
- A start-up that bet on the design strategically, without falling into the latest trendings or black patterns.
- Any company or NGO sensible with the inclusive design.
- Something related with music.